Saturday 2 August 2014

Society of Genealogists books offers

From the Society of Genealogists (www.sog.org.uk) in London:

To mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, we have a special offer on our miltary titles for those family historians who are keen to research the military careers of their ancestors in more depth, whether they fought in the First World War or in other conflicts. The following titles are currently available with 20% off their retail price;
  • My Ancestor was in the British Army by Christopher & Michael Watts
  • My Ancestor was in the Royal Navy by Ian Waller
  • My Ancestor was a Royal Marine by Ken Divall
  • My Ancestor was a Woman at War by Emma Jolly

Members will receive their members' discount in addition to this offer. All four of these books contain a wealth of information and guidance on military sources for researchers and you can take advantage of the offer at www.sog.org.uk, just follow the bookshop link on the home page.

Also this month, we are delighted to announce that 10 of our most popular books are now available to buy as Kindle ebooks from Amazon. We hope to announce further ebook releases in the coming months, but the first batch contains the following titles;
  • My Ancestor was an Agricultural Labourer by Ian Waller
  • My Ancestor was in the Royal Navy by Ian Waller
  • My Ancestor was Irish by Alan Stewart
  • My Ancestor was Scottish by Alan Stewart
  • My Ancestor was a Gentleman by Stuart Raymond
  • My Ancestor was a Railway Worker by Frank Hardy
  • My Ancestor was a Woman at War by Emma Jolly
  • My Ancestor was a Royal Marine by Ken Divall
  • My Ancestors were Thames Watermen by James Legon
  • My Ancestor was in the British Army by Christopher & Michael Watts
Just type My Ancestor Kindle into the Amazon search engine and the full list will appear.

(With thanks to Anthony Mortimer at the SoG)

Chris

Now available for UK research is the new second edition of the best selling Tracing Your Family History on the Internet: A Guide for Family Historians, whilst my new book British and Irish Newspapers is also now out. And please consider purchasing the great new version of Caledonia by The Libations at 79p via www.caledonia2014.com - all profits go to help fund Scottish foodbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment